Saturday, May 14, 2005

today

well today is my birthday and for whatever reason birthdays are a big deal to me. i started the day off in tampa and then flew to chicago and then ended up in little rock around noon. i like traveling and flying and airports (sans security) so it was kinda fun to get to do that today. outside of receiving calls from some of the important people in my life, it was an overall sad day. of course probably because i am focusing on the negative when in fact this next year will be one of renewal and rebuilding in which i should aggressively embrace. i do have a ton of stuff to be thankful for, really, but when everything around me gets quiet then it also gets a little lonesome too. i know that won't be forever, but right now it feels like it will. i have always been afraid of quiet. i am one of those guys that likes to stay in downtown hotels and open the windows to hear all of the police cars, emergency vehicles, and delivery trucks doing their jobs during the night. there's a strange comfort to the noise.

well tomorrow i think i will try to sprint up pinnacle mountain. it really is more of a hill than a mountain but it works for the locals. for my birthday i'm giving myself the gift of physical fitness. don't laugh, this is a big deal for me. i have the body style that is perfect for lounging on the couch in my boxers while eating twinkies and drinking mountain dew all day so making a commitment like this will not be easy.

ok, off to sleep. PAX