Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Rest is an action word

the irony is that for me to rest, i have to work really hard at it. i am reminded of my need to rest quite often - most recently from a friend across the atlantic. the Father told her to tell me because i wouldn't stop long enough to listen to Him tell me. anyway, i was driving around town last night and this song was on a CD i made a long time ago. i guess he knew that i would need this song when the time was right. not the world's greatest song, just the one to minister to me at the right time. the song is rest by skillet. may you rest in the shadow of the almighty

still, soft quietly spoken voice, that persistently calls my name
and quickens my heart to come

and I rest in the shelter of Your love, and I rest in the wonder of Your Grace
and I rest in the shelter of Your love, and I rest in the wonder of You

embraced in the promise of You, is rest for the weary soul
releasing all that is mine, i reach for You

take all the old and You make it new, everything I give to You
you're the hope that can pull me through, hallelujah