Sunday, December 01, 2002

Home is where the heart is?

Interesting statement. As a believer where is our heart and subsequently where is our home? Now of course from an earthly standpoint this is easily understood and usually readily identified on a map. However, from a spiritual standpoint, this is neither.

My soul, longing deeply for the fulfillment of the Father, seeks the movements of the Father or seeks to be a part of what the Father is doing. As we seek the Father and our soul is filled, we find deeper meaning and fulfillment in our spiritual person. Or so my theory goes. But did I mention that the flesh doesn't necessarily understand this, nor does it desire to follow the Father, especially when it involves risk or uncomfort or uncertainty?

Well, that’s where I find myself. Just as a child plays the hide and seek game with the “you’re getting warm, warmer, hot, you found it rules” it seems that at the moment the further I am from home the “warmer” things become. Could it be that the Father is preparing me for a move away from my physical home in order to draw me closer to a spiritual home? Pray for us on this one.