Wednesday, December 18, 2002

take the bait

tonight tyler had his kindergarten christmas program...or so we thought. when we got to the church - he goes to a lutheran private school - the pastor in charge said "thank you for attending tonights service, we ask that there be no photography of any kind because it is a worship service." WHAT!!! i'm here to see my 5 year old sing the wrong words to all the songs, make faces at me, and laugh on stage with all the other kids and this guy tells me that i can't take any pictures???? and where did the worship service thing come from?

after taking a breather and deciding that i can take pics after it is over, i got real sad...not for me, but for all those people that think that a house of GAWD (as this guy kept saying in his 20 minute dialogue during the program) is all about fake holiness and stuffiness. tonight should have been about fun and laughter and celebration instead of my boy getting in trouble because his 6' paper mache staff kept falling over. jesus said let the little children come, and play, and laugh, and climb all over me and he would have allowed people to take pictures if kodak (and lomo of course) had been around at that time.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!! I still can't believe it!! no pictures and a cheap bait and switch gospel routine on top.