Sunday, June 06, 2004

it seems a lot has happened since i complained about getting the boot at ye 'ole lutheran church. to our surprise, when the other folks heard about what happened they resolved it for us. how cool is it to part of a family (of which we are still outsiders) where they take care of you like that. how ironic is it for me to be so strongly desiring to help build a young energetic crowd of jesus followers only to have it thwarted by guys who didn't get it and then have the father lead me to a crowd of folks twice my age who support me and pray for me in ways i've never known. they are clearing the roadblocks and wanting us (mostly Dianna) to charge on ahead. part of me is nervous, 'cause we will screw up eventually, and i don't want to leave the honeymoon status of where we are. it's like the new car smell and kids. you want your car to always smell new, but eventually the wife will take the kids to taco bueno where they all will eat the jumbo grande extra been burritto and on the way home...well let's just say the new car smell will be gone forever after that.